Monday, October 20, 2014

Horse Product Review : Fly Spray

Ok, so... If you are around horses then you know all about the flies that follow them ... And bite them... And are just a big buzzing pain! And, you also know that fly spray is a must! But which fly spray is best?
Well, me being the green person that I am choose Absorbine Ultra Shield Green - the natural fly repellent... Eco-friendly and all that jazz... Except for that fact that it kept the flies off for about 20 minutes ...my poor horse was an all-you-can-eat buffet and the flies were all going for seconds... No, make that thirds! :(
 
So I had to up my game to the Ultra Shield EX.... And the flies stayed away from its toxic flumes ... Go figure...

Will I ever try to go all natural again? ... I'm pretty sure that is a yes...but for now I sticking with what keeps the flies away.

Notes: my instructor said to try adding Avon's Skin so soft to the fly spray or oil of Citronella ... I haven't tried it yet, but we will let you know when we do :oD

Happy cantering :oD